The term ‘THORNTON SMITH’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or “our” refers to the owner of the website, which is a law firm licensed under the BVI’s Business, Professions and Trade Licenses Act (Cap. 200) to practice in the British Virgin Islands and wholly-owns, either directly or indirectly, various corporate entities and charities represented on this website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Description of Services. The content of the pages of our website is for your general information and education only. It is not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. It should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional legal advice. We expressly disclaim all liability in respect of actions taken or not taken based on the content of the pages of our website.Your use of our website and its content does not create an attorney-client relationship between THORNTON SMITH and you.
- Privacy Statement. THORNTON SMITH collects information about your visit to our website which automatically recognizes and stores information about the type of browser you are using, your IP address, your domain name and any referring sites. This information, commonly referred to as “cookies”, is collected via computer code sent to your computer. The cookies will not expire unless you manually delete them or set your browser to reject them. If you do not accept the cookies, however, you may have difficulty navigating our website. We use your information to manage our website and may analyze the data about visits to our website to make them more accessible and interesting for visitors. We may share that data with third parties, usually to provide services for us associated with the maintenance of our website. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any website of any third party to which we may provide links. Such third party websites may have different policies relating to your privacy and information they collect about you. Visitors should consult other sites’ privacy policies, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or controlled by, third parties.
- Data Security. No data transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. We have, however, implemented firewalls to discourage unauthorized access via the internet.
- Warranty or Guarantee. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on our website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Copyright. Our website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics which are all protected by the copyright laws of the British Virgin Islands and other jurisdictions. You may print a copy of any part of the website for your personal, non-commercial use, but you may not copy any part of the website for any other purpose, and you may not modify any part of this website for any reason. Inclusion of any part of this website in another work, whether in printed, electronic or other form, and inclusion of any part of our website in another website by linking, framing or otherwise, are prohibited.
- Trademarks. All trademarks reproduced in our website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on our website.
- Unauthorized Use. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Links to External Websites. From time to time, our website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Assignment. In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by a third party, or in the event of a merger, you hereby grant us the right to assign the information collected about your visit to our website.
- Jurisdiction. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the British Virgin Islands.
All of our services are available at our BVI office, providing support to our lawyers and professionals wherever they are at any time.
|Mailing Address||Physical Address (for courier services)|
P.O. Box 3534
Road Town, Tortola VG1110
British Virgin Islands
Sea Cow's Bay, Tortola
British Virgin Islands